Le Mans Rennsport
Please Log-In to be able to View and Access all Areas.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Le Mans Rennsport
Please Log-In to be able to View and Access all Areas.
Le Mans Rennsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Le Mans Rennsport Application
You Have Mail EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 2:03 am by Joe Pinder

» Le Mans Rennsport Achievements
You Have Mail EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 11:20 am by LMR Hybrid

» Hey guys!
You Have Mail EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 7:15 am by TheMorVic

» Hello
You Have Mail EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:41 am by IBlueIJaBBRexI

» LMR Forum Signature Update
You Have Mail EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:59 pm by LMR Deftone MX

» Evening All
You Have Mail EmptyWed May 18, 2016 1:29 pm by LMR Deftone MX

» hello
You Have Mail EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 3:50 am by LMR Deftone MX

» TEC 2016 General Discussion
You Have Mail EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:03 am by LMR Minardi

» V8 Supercar Team Construction
You Have Mail EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:33 pm by LMR Deftone MX

» TCC Season 11 Team Construction
You Have Mail EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 6:13 am by LMR Hybrid

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

You Have Mail

3 posters

Go down

You Have Mail Empty You Have Mail

Post by ReallyDes Thu May 01, 2014 10:24 am

Well that's all I'm hearing as I mouseover one of the ads on the page.

Hi Everyone, my name is Des. Oscar invited me to join the team so here I am.  cheers 

I've been away from iRacing for nearly a year and just came back last week. Really enjoying racing again and I hope to take it more serious in the coming months if life allows me to.

A brief bit about me - I started driving with a wheel in 2010 on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. I entered GT Academy that year, made the Irish national finals and got knocked out straight away. The following year I made it to the UK & Ireland National Final in Brands Hatch, but was beaten by Jann Mardenborough and missed out on a place at race camp. On that day myself and Jann both drove a 370z for the first time and I was quicker than him, however another error in the gaming section would cost me my place. As some of you may know, Jann has since gone on to do very well and is racing GP3 this year with Arden.

After my disappointment of 2011, I did everything in my power to make things happen for me in 2012. Again, I made the UK & Ireland national finals of GT Academy, took on 31 other hopefuls and won. Myself and 5 others would go to race camp the following month to take on the best in Europe and try win a drive with Nissan at the 24 hours of Dubai. At race camp I would fend off the 5 other UK hopefuls and make it the grand final, which was a support race to WEC on the Silverstone GP circuit (in the wet).

Racing drivers are often full of excuses, so there's not much I can say only that I didn't perform to my optimum when I needed to. Lots of circumstances made things difficult for me, primarily driving a left hand drive car against 5 guys completely at home with that. I struggled to get a natural feel because of this and found heel toe very difficult with everything switched from right to left. Mentally, I just wasn't there when I needed to be there either. None the less, I did the best that I could do at that moment and finished as one of the runners up to Wolfgang Reip, who will drive the garage 56 Nissan ZEOD at Le Mans this year.

Since GT Academy finished I was unable to secure a drive and decided it best to pursue other ventures until I learn more about what I need to do. I worked ELMS team Murphy Prototypes for half a season in 2013 working as a photographer and videographer for the team. This thought me a lot about how the sport works and I learned that I can get into racing at any stage in my life as long as I have the funds.

Right now I am in no mans land. I don't really know where I'll be or what I'll be doing in a few weeks or months, but I'm always pushing for the dream. Playing iRacing and other sims is really giving me a lot of joy these days as it helps me fulfil me competitive urge to race.

I hope to learn even more from you guys on here and hopefully we can have some good races together and improve even more!

- Des

My iRacing user name is 'Desmond Foley'
Twitter @reallydes

ReallyDes

Back to top Go down

You Have Mail Empty Re: You Have Mail

Post by rainonef1 Fri May 02, 2014 12:21 am

Welcome to LMR!
rainonef1
rainonef1

Back to top Go down

You Have Mail Empty Re: You Have Mail